29 Sep October School Holidays – The Best Family Fun Day Out From Edinburgh in 2020
2020 has proved to be a difficult year where even the best-laid plans have to change at the last minute due to COVID-19. Now the October school holidays are looming and you may be wondering how you are going to entertain your children with so many activities still shut. Or maybe you are planning a holiday in Edinburgh but are wondering how you will fill your time.
As long as you are happy to pre-book there are many great family activities and museums in Edinburgh such as the National Museum of Scotland and Camera Obscura. Children always love going to both these places. If it’s a nice day you can walk up Arthur’s Seat to get an amazing view of Edinburgh and East Lothian.
There are also some great day trips that you can take from Edinburgh that allow you to see far more of Scotland.
Day Trip To Loch Ness
Have you considered a full day out to visit the beautiful Highlands to search for Nessie?
On our Loch Ness, Glencoe and Highlands tour you will see the Kelpies and Stirling Castle, and travel up through stunning Glencoe before reaching Loch Ness.
You will then have the option to take a boat cruise on Loch Ness for some Nessie hunting. On the return journey, we will visit the Cairngorms and have a stop at the Commando Memorial and Pitlochry.
5 Reasons Children Love This Day Trip to Loch Ness
- We have lots of stops so that you can get out and stretch your legs and run to the toilet if necessary. We try and include a stop at least every 40 minutes so you won’t be bored sitting on a bus.
- All tours try to stop for a quick selfie with a Hairy Coo (Highland Cow), which is a real highlight for the animal lovers on board!
- You can take a boat trip.
- Children love learning about Scotland’s history when our tour guides tell them about Scotland’s gory and fascinating past.
5 Reasons Parents Love This Day Trip to Loch Ness
- Our experienced and knowledgeable tour guides keep both you and your children entertained on the coach.
- You can relax and don’t have to worry about driving and looking after your children at the same time.
- Our drivers know all the best places to stop and park and know where to find toilets.
- You get to sit back and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- It is a great day out for all the family that is both educational and lots of fun.
You may still be a bit worried about catching COVID-19 especially if you will be in a confined coach for many hours. We want to assure you that after being closed for 5 months, we are doing everything possible to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible.
Before every trip, our coaches are fully cleaned. We also continue with our cleaning regime during the tour. You will have plenty of space on the coach to social distance as we have reduced our tour capacity to accommodate the current guidelines. Every guest must wear a face mask on the coach and bring their own anti-bacterial gel.