Visit the beautiful Isle of Skye. See the Cuillin Mountains, visit Portree, Trotternish and The Quiraing.
1-Day Loch Ness, Scottish Highlands, Glencoe & Pitlochry
One day to fit in as much Scotland as you can!
On your 1 Day Loch Ness, Glencoe, Highlands & Ben Nevis, you will get to experience the very best of Scotland. This tour is perfect for those who might have limited time and want to fit in as much as possible.
While you’re on your Highland adventure, perhaps you might be interested in hunting down the elusive Loch Ness Monster? Your guide will offer you the opportunity to board an award-winning cruise boat, equipped with the latest technology to maximize your chances of spotting Nessie!
Your return journey will see you travel south back towards Edinburgh via Scotland’s second national park (Cairngorms) before a pit-stop at Queen Victoria’s favourite village Pitlochry, famous for its yummy whisky ice cream.
- Adults From 18 years old
- Children From 7 to 17 years old
- NHS Valid ID Required
- Students Valid ID Required
Explore Loch Ness Tour from Edinburgh with The Hairy Coo!
Visit Loch Ness, Glencoe & the incredible landscape of the Highlands of Scotland
Check-In 7:45 AM
Tour Departs 8:00 AM
Outside Deacons’ House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS
Seats are unreserved so we recommend you arrive early if you have a preference of where you would like to sit.
The tour will leave at 8:00am prompt. We are unable to wait for guests who are late and no refunds will be issued in this instance.
Tour concludes outside Deacons’ House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS at approximately 8:30 PM.
ABOUT YOUR TOUR
Hop on an air-conditioned luxury coach (up to 16-57 seats) for the start of your adventure. You will depart Edinburgh’s Old Town travelling north towards the heart of Scotland’s central belt. As you pass the iconic fortress of Stirling Castle your guide will enthrall you with tales of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce.
Our first stop of the day will be in the town of Callander; “The Gateway to the Highlands.” Nestled at the foot of the Trossachs Callander offers its guests plenty of place to stock up on refreshments, gifts and views toward the Trossachs.
We then continue our journey north, passing through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. You’ll be entertained with more tales from your guide of Scotland’s history and folklore in addition to following in the footsteps of James Bond (“Skyfall”) and Harry Potter (“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”) as you travel to the stunning Highland valley of Glencoe. Hear the eerie story of the Clan MacDonald massacre of 1692. Travel through Fort William, home to Ben Nevis, which at 4,409 feet is the highest mountain of the British Isles.
Arrive on the south bank of Loch Ness in the charming village of Fort Augustus. Here, you will find lots of cafes, shops and restaurants for a relaxing lunch. Take a stroll along the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Then, experience the majesty of Loch Ness on an optional relaxing 1-hour boat cruise (no need to book in advance, we do this for you!) See if you can catch a glimpse of “Nessie”, the legendary Loch Ness Monster.
Admire the impressive Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge with breath-taking views of the Nevis Range. Enter the beautiful Cairngorms National Park and discover “Monarch of the Glen” country. Drive along Loch Laggan before the roads climb high above the Grampian Mountains. Travel over the Pass of Drumochter while enjoying the majesty and drama of a mountain pass created by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages. Finally, make a short stop in the beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry (or Bankfoot), before making your way back to Edinburgh city centre, arriving at approximately 8:30pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Experienced ‘Hairy Coo’ Driver Guide providing live commentary and storytelling throughout.
- Travel on one of our luxury, modern, air-conditioned coaches.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Food & drink.
- Gratuities for your Driver Guide.
- Optional Extras are purchasable on the day with cash only.
Boat Cruise – £17.50 Adult, £12.00 Child
WHAT WILL WE SEE ON TOUR?
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
♦ Fort Augustus & Loch Ness (Approx 2 hrs)
Cairngorms National Park
♦ Commando Memorial
Forth Bridge – Unesco World Heritage Site
Arrive back in Edinburgh
BEFORE YOUR TOUR
- We recommend you bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, no matter what the forecast appears to be…Scotland’s weather is very unpredictable!
- Don’t forget your camera to capture all the lovely scenery and wildlife you’ll encounter on your tour, which you can later share with us online
- We must remind you that while picturesque and quaint, many of the suppliers in smaller towns do still prefer cash payments
- You are more than welcome to bring along a carry-on bag on the tour which can be packed with essentials for the day, but we would advise keeping this bag as light and small as possible to maximise your comfort on board
- Food is readily available at the majority of stops on tour, but you are absolutely more than welcome to bring snacks and a cold packed lunch on board. Hot drinks and soups are permitted but only if they have a secure lid.