Visit Loch Ness, Glencoe & the incredible landscape of the highlands of Scotland.
3-Day Isle of Skye, Inverness & Highlands Tour
See the Cuillin Mountains, visit Portree, Trotternish and The Quiraing
Scotland is a big place and with so many amazing places to explore you’ll be right to be excited about your 3 day Isle of Skye, Inverness & Highlands tour. With a guarantee of discovering new and interesting things and seeing breathtaking scenery and landscapes around every turn.
You’ll see why so many movie locations were based and filmed here in Scotland, with views that inspired the likes of Harry Potter (Glenfinnan Viaduct) and James Bond (Glencoe), and more.
You’ll be spoilt for choice for getting that perfect picture, especially on the Isle of Skye where many of Scotland’s myths and legends come from. See mountains created by giants, enchanted waters that will give you eternal youth, and hear songs of the faerie folk in the wind.
This is a tour that will fill you with joy and leave you with a feeling that can only come from being truly immersed in the moment – something truly priceless.
- Adults From 18 years old
- Children From 7 to 17 years old
- NHS Valid ID Required
- Students Valid ID Required
Experience a 3 Day Scotland Tours from Edinburgh with The Hairy Coo!
SKYE’S THE LIMIT ON THIS TOUR!
Check-In 8:15 AM
Tour Departs 8:30 AM
Outside Deacons’ House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS
Seats are unreserved so we recommend you arrive early if you have a preference of where you would like to sit.
The tour will leave at 8:30am prompt. We are unable to wait for guests who are late and no refunds will be issued in this instance.
3 Day Tour concludes outside Deacons’ House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS at approximately 6:30 PM.
ABOUT YOUR TOUR
Departing Edinburgh, we will take our first short drive heading north and stop at the mysterious Kelpies. Scotland’s largest piece of outdoor art depicting mythical creatures of Scotland’s folklore that your driver will tell you all about. We’ll then continue on our journey and pass Stirling Castle. Be inspired by tales from your guide of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. Continuing north, into the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, admire the scenery as your tour guide explains the remarkable tribal clan history of the Highlands. Discover beautiful Glencoe, the most famous valley in Scotland, and hear of its tragic history. Admire the spectacular Glenfinnan Viaduct then head north and arrive on the southern banks of Loch Ness to get photos of the infamous monster Nessie! Stop for photos of Urquhart Castle before arriving in Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands, where you’ll stay for 2 nights (accommodation not included).
After breakfast, depart Inverness and drive across the Kessock Bridge to the Black Isle and marvel at the spectacular scenery of Achnasheen and Loch Carron. Arriving on the Isle of Skye, venture north to explore the highlights of the island, including; the Cuillin Mountains, Trotternish Peninsula, Portree, the Old Man Storr, Kilt Rock and the famous Quiraing. In late afternoon, stop for photographs of the most beautiful castle in Scotland, “Eilean Donan Castle.” Backdrop to many famous films, such as ‘Highlander’ and ‘Made of Honor’, this castle is another must-see iconic landmark! A scenic drive through stunning Glen Shiel follows, returning to Inverness to stay your final night. In the evening, visit a local Highland Pub to drink some Scotch whisky or beer and eat some traditional Scottish food, whilst listening to some local musicians perform.
Visit Culloden Battlefield, site of the last Jacobite Rising, then ‘Clava Cairns’, incredible 4,000-year-old, Bronze-Age standing stones. Travelling south, stop at the Highland Folk Museum. Here you’ll experience highland life in the 17th century. See the buildings, the clothes and weapons, and how people lived 300 years ago. Then, drive through the dramatic Cairngorm National Park. You will have the chance to experience a Scotch Whiskey tasting before you visit the historic village of Dunkeld on the banks of the mighty River Tay. Your journey back to Edinburgh takes you across the famous Forth Bridges. The expected arrival time back in Edinburgh is around 6:30 PM.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Experienced ‘Hairy Coo’ Driver Guide providing live commentary and storytelling throughout.
- Travel on one of our luxury, modern, air-conditioned coaches.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Food & drink
- Gratuities for your Driver Guide
- Optional Extras are purchasable on the day with cash only from your Driver Guide.
- Highland Folk Museum – Donation Based
- Boat Cruise – Adult – £17.50 , Child – £12.00
- Blair Athol Distillery Tasting (18+) – £17.00 Adult (subject to booking availability) Your driver/guide will ask you to confirm your attendance on the whisky tour and tasting on day 1 of the 3 day tour so a reservation can be made at the distillery. **Payment must be made in cash to your driver/guide so one payment can be made for the group on arrival at the distillery.**
ACCOMMODATION ON TOUR
This tour requires a 2-night stay in the City of Inverness.
Accommodation is not included in the price of your tour and all guests are required to book their own due to the small nature of our team. Recommendations of where to stay will be listed in your confirmation email once you have booked your tour. Our meeting point in Inverness is Inverness Cathedral on Ardross Street, IV3 5NN.
Please ensure that your booked accommodation is fully refundable in the unfortunate event that you are unable to make the tour or if the tour is cancelled or rescheduled. We recommend that you book directly with the accommodation provider as opposed to via a 3rd party to ensure you get the most competitive rate available. We encourage that you mention you are on a tour excursion when you book as most accommodation providers will be happy to provide your party with an early breakfast.
WHAT WILL WE SEE ON TOUR?
BEFORE YOUR TOUR
- We recommend you bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, no matter what the forecast appears to be…Scotland’s weather is very unpredictable!
- Don’t forget your camera to capture all the lovely scenery and wildlife you’ll encounter on your tour, which you can later share with us online
- We must remind you that while picturesque and quaint, many of the suppliers in smaller towns do still prefer cash payments
- You are more than welcome to bring along one larger piece of luggage weighing no more than 15kg as well as a carry-on bag.
- Food is readily available at the majority of stops on tour, but you are absolutely more than welcome to bring snacks and a cold packed lunch on board. Hot drinks and soups are permitted but only if they have a secure lid.