Visit Loch Ness, Glencoe & the incredible landscape of the highlands of Scotland.
5-Day Oban, Isle of Skye, St Andrews, & North West Highlands Tour
Our crowning jewel if you want to fully explore the country!
Instead of rushing to fit all your sightseeing into a day; take your time, relax, and explore the beauty of Scotland over five days. This comprehensive adventure saves hours of research time as a full itinerary is planned out for you. Visit ancient castles, mountains, glens, historical sites, a whisky distillery, geological wonders, and beautiful lochs. Highlights include Loch Lomond, the Culloden Battlefield, Urquhart Castle, and St. Andrews Cathedral.
- Adults From 18 years old
- Children From 7 to 17 years old
- NHS Valid ID Required
- Students Valid ID Required
Experience a 5 Day Isle of Skye, Oban, St Andrews and North West Highlands Tour from Edinburgh or Glasgow with The Hairy Coo!
The ultimate Scottish experience – guaranteed satisfaction and memories
Edinburgh Check-In 8:00 AM
Edinburgh Tour Departs 8:15 AM
Outside Deacons’ House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS
Glasgow Check-In 10:45 AM
Glasgow Tour Departs 11:00 AM
Outside Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG.
Those in your tour who boarded in Edinburgh will have about 1-1.5hrs to explore the museum prior to your departure time. If you would also like the opportunity to walk around the museum, we recommend you arrive at 10:00AM.
Seats are unreserved so we recommend you arrive early if you have a preference of where you would like to sit.
We aim to get everyone back to Edinburgh’s Lawnmarket on Day 5 at approximately 6:30 PM. The tour will conclude at Deacon’s House Cafe in Edinburgh only and will not return to Glasgow.
ABOUT YOUR TOUR
The 5-Day tour is our crowning jewel; if you want to fully explore the country. Our group size is limited to only 16-guests on our 5-day tour to allow us access to even more remote locations.Your knowledgeable, passionate and experienced driver-guide will be there to take the strain out of such a journey, leaving you free to relax and enjoy.
On this tour, you won’t just visit the essential tourist locations, but also towns and landmarks you’ve never heard of or knew you were missing on your bucket list. You can tour a whisky distillery, explore ancient castles, decide where in Scotland truly does the best seafood and ‘monster hunt’ at Loch Ness. If you don’t spot Nessie, it won’t get in our way… we’ll also take you on a seal spotting cruise along the coast of palm-tree lined Plockton on Loch Carron. Yes, you read correctly – palm trees!
You’ll learn about Jacobite Rebellions and the lasting legacy of Culloden Battlefield, while stepping foot on film locations used for ‘Outlander’. Further along the Hollywood trail, you’ll see locations used for ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Braveheart’ and ‘James Bond’ to name a few.
Much more than that, you’ll really start to feel like a local. By the end of the trip you’ll know your ‘ayes’ from your ‘naws’,and when to ‘hold yer wheesht’. You’ll experience Scotland in a way that very few do and see what talents or stories make every corner of this country so ‘braw’.
During your unforgettable tour, you will spend one night in Oban, another in Portree on the Isle of Skye and two nights in the Capital of the Highlands, beautiful Inverness.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Experienced ‘Hairy Coo’ Driver Guide providing live commentary and storytelling throughout.
- Travel on one of our luxury, modern, air-conditioned coaches.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Food & drink
- Gratuities for your Driver Guide
- Optional Extras are purchasable on the day with cash only from your Driver Guide.
- Museum of Island Life
- Calum’s Seal Tour
- St Andrew’s Cathedral
- Ben Nevis Distillery
ACCOMMODATION ON TOUR
For this tour, you will require accommodation for a one night stay in Oban, a one night stay in Portree and a two night stay in the city of Inverness.
Accommodation is not included in the price of your tour but we are happy to offer assistance and provide further recommendations where needed. Please contact us if you need help!
You will need to book accomodation near our pick up/drop off points below;
Oban – 1 Station Rd, Oban, PA34 4NU
Portree – Somerled Square, Portree, IV51 9BS
Inverness – Inverness Cathedral on Ardross Street, IV3 5NN
Please ensure that your booked accommodation is fully refundable in the unfortunate event that you are unable to make the tour or if the tour is cancelled or rescheduled. We recommend that you book directly with the accommodation provider as opposed to via a 3rd party to ensure you get the most competitive rate available. We encourage that you mention you are on a tour excursion when you book as most accommodation providers will be happy to provide your party with an early breakfast.
WHAT WILL WE SEE ON TOUR?
BEFORE YOUR TOUR
- We recommend you bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, no matter what the forecast appears to be…Scotland’s weather is very unpredictable!
- Don’t forget your camera to capture all the lovely scenery and wildlife you’ll encounter on your tour, which you can later share with us online
- We must remind you that while picturesque and quaint, many of the suppliers in smaller towns across the Highlands do still prefer cash payments
- You are more than welcome to bring along a carry-on bag on the tour which can be packed with essentials for the day, but we would advise keeping this bag as light and small as possible to maximise your comfort on board
- We would also expect everyone to bring one larger piece of luggage, a suitcase or backpack, which we will put in the hold of the bus during transit, this can weigh up to 15kgs per passenger and does not need to stick to any dimension restrictions as we understand those vary.
- Food is readily available at the majority of stops on tour, but you are absolutely more than welcome to bring snacks and a cold packed lunch on board. Hot drinks and soups are permitted but only if they have a secure lid.